Following hot on the heels of our 26 practical sources for inspired blog ideas, we’re launching a new series of content writing ideas for business blogs (and email newsletters).
Focusing specifically on service-based professionals and small businesses, we’ll cover a wide variety of businesses from A to Z.
How to Use These Blog Topic Ideas
Knowing your target audience is crucial when planning which topics to write about. Always remember who you’re speaking to (an ideal customer profile or persona is helpful here).
For current and past customers, you’ll want to:
- entice customers to buy more (or more frequently) by highlighting the full breadth of your services, including alternative uses for your services or tips to best use your products
- showcase other products or services you offer that they may not have been aware of
- provide useful information to make it easier for them to work with you
- encourage them to share your content or links with possible referral contacts
When attracting new leads and potential clients, your goals are to:
- show how your service will solve their problem (or your product will meet their needs)
- prove you can help them with case studies that demonstrate your distinctive process and depth of knowledge
- set yourself apart from others in your industry and show your dedication to your clients by freely sharing educational content
- build trust and familiarity through samples, testimonials and other social proof
A-Z Blog Topic Ideas
Each time we add to the series with new professions and businesses, we’ll update the links below so please check back regularly, or join our email list to receive each new post by email.
Even if we don’t cover your specific business, any one of these topic ideas might spark an idea for your next blog post!
Now without further ado, here are our suggestions for blog topic ideas for freelance professionals, entrepreneurs and small businesses from A-Z: